Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where is my Coffeeday ?

My regular time wasting tactics involves going for a tea break every 1 hour. You know mine is a thinking job. This is what my previous boss once commented. Some how that statement still lingers around my mind. I was waiting for the imminent salary hike. All the so called economic brainy people were predicting a hike for the software people due to some blah blah.

I got hike, we got salary hike. Hip Hip Hurray......

We went to 5th floor for the regular work break. I got hike, we got salary hike. All the discussions were revolving around the hike. But no promotion for us L. What the heck, no promotion?? But hike is there rite?? No the promotion is what matters.

'Sir I shifted my company’. Who threw that statement in??

Oh that was our coffee vendor. He shifted the company. I don't know the details. I am waiting for more statements from our beloved coffee vendor we used to visit regularly. Once I have even dreamt about this guy. He is a very very jovial guy. A little more caring towards customer’s regardless of opposite or same sex. I don’t know about third sex.I donno whether our company has anyone like that. How can I comment on such a thing?

Where am I??? Yes the dream. This vendor has done something wrong; I don't remember what the offence was. But one thing is sure the police caught him and he was laughing like an insane guy. I think I have to take a U turn coz I am lost. Shall we ask some one?? 'Hey, could you lead me to the place where my friends and that 5th floor coffee vendor is chatting'.

Yeah thanks to my pathfinder. I am there. Adding a point here I hired this guy and named him pathfinder.’ Sir I shifted my company'. So you will be leaving this office??

'No, sir I got promoted from butterfly to Coffeeday'. Sudden laughter…!!!!.Why did they laugh?? Different types of coffee are available here. Ordinary class comprises of butterfly, Lipton, nestle. Coffeeday is high class stuff. If we go out to a coffee pub and order cappuccino, it will cost us 20 Rs.Wow, great, great company. Free high class coffee to all employees. Long live software. Long live outsourcing. Long live coffee vendors. Am I promoting windows live.Nopes.Why should I. Google is still the best.

Where is my pathfinder? You stay beside me. Ok??. 'Yes sir'

'Now I will be operating sixth floor pantry. I have quit butterfly coffee and joined Coffeeday.The pay scale is very low here. More over us can have only 4 cups of free coffee. In Coffeeday the pay is more, it’s more employee friendly and moreover we can have 6 cups of free coffee per day’. That was great right? And also I have seen that operating machine is more stylish and modern in appearance. I love Coffeeday....

So he shifted from 5th floor to 6th floor with more lucrative packages. Why he shouldn't accept that offer?? Folks it’s not a question to you.

He was not satisfied with the butterfly coffee for quite some time. The milk supplied from some private vendor was one issue. It has got a thick cover which he had to struggle a lot to cut. It would take some time for him. But the customers will be shouting,'coffee,coffee,coffee'.He has reported this several times to the top brass people. But they could do nothing as they can't trouble the milk provider for such a small issue. So our beloved vendor asked for a big sharp knife. But alas, no funds.

He had even decided one day to report this directly to the milk provider. Some how the top brass people of butterfly smelled this. They put some sugar in his mouth. It was very sweet. He likes it very much. He ate all those and forgot about the problem. When sugar was all over, every one has left. The sugar party was over. He was disgusted.

Adding to this one more incident became an instant catalyst. One day a customer came and asked to put more. Customer didn't tell what to put more, coffee powder?? Milk?? Sugar??.

So he put sugar more. Oh my god. Customer was a diabetes guy. He was infuriated. He shouted, scolded, jumped and danced.

Our beloved coffee vendor didn't say anything. He had already made up his mind.

Where is my pathfinder? ‘Stupid where did you go again? '

So today was last day for him. When are you joining buddy??

Tomorrow I have to. Today I thought of taking a break. But my manager told I have to finish these coffee packets I have already opened. So I had to come. But he was happy. He was cheerful. He was not sad. We decided to give a party to him.

So where is my Coffeeday...????

2 comments:

smita bs said...

you have lovely ideas! came across ur blogspot recently... flogs, the pic thingy and even ur santa banta version(i mean chales and hathbag) but if u dont mind some criticism u cld work on ur scribblings ... the effort u put into the flogs makes ur audience expect...
ur sense of humour is apparent everywhere tho...good work.. pls do allow anon comments

titto said...

@smitha
This is the first comment i am receving for my scribblings.Thanks smitha, thanks a lot...keep visiting and keep suggesting :)